Podiatrist Jonathan Caplin
- Jonathan Caplin is a podiatric specialist, graduate of Selford University School of Podiatry in Manchester, England.
- Graduate of Huddersfield Polytechnic, England, with diplomas in podiatry and health education (D.Pod.M, B.Sc, M.Ch.S, Dip.Health Ed).
- In 1986, Jonathan specialized in CO2 laser surgery under the tutelage of Professor Isaac Kaplan, known as the father of medical laser.
- In 1989, he completed an internship in foot surgery at Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera
Jonathan Caplin has vast clinical and professional experience in his fields of specialization
- Early in his career, in 1981, he was a senior podiatrist at Fairfield General Hospital, in Manchester, England.
- In 1983, he established his private clinic in Israel, and while working privately also served in the military reserves from 1986 to 2007 as a senior IDF podiatrist.
- During his military service, Jonathan established the first clinic in Israel for laser treatment of ingrown toenails and trained numerous military surgeons in performing laser surgery. He also served as an educational advisor in the area of foot health.
- Between 1993 and 2004, Jonathan worked at the Rabin Medical Center, where he was director of podiatric services as well as advising in the ambulatory surgery center and the endocrinology department.
Lecturer at international conferences, University of Tel Aviv School of Medicine, and the Schools of Physiotherapy at Assaf Harofeh Hospital and Sheba – Tel Hashomer.
Researcher at the University of Westminster, England, into the use of laser (CO2) for toenail surgery.
Senior partner in IDF research into the use of laser for toenail and viral wart surgery.
Lecturer in Medical Officers’ course about ingrown toenails and laser surgery.